Sunday, September 30, 2018

Where Did I Put That Stock?

So, as part of turning my attention back on this (mis)adventure I ran an audit on all the stocks listed in the portfolio and to my dismay discovered that I had misplaced a stock!!

I was almost certain that I had bought Magna International, Inc (MGA) but I could not find in any of my accounts. I also did not remember selling it. A frantic dig through my transactions over the last two years finally cleared up the mystery. 

Some time early this year this stock had started to make me nervous and I had set a trailing stop Sell order on it. Apparently, it sold sometime in February!! And, if I had not sold it then, I would still be looking to sell it at a slightly lower same price now, because it has dropped to a Timeliness rating of 3 in the Valueline rankings. 

The happy ending to the story is that it sold at a profit of almost 16%. Ka-Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment