Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Curse of the Eternal Optimist?

I think the universe is trying to tell me something here; something about the eternal optimism that I exhibit.

No sooner than I pick a stock to add to my Potentials list than bad news seems to hit the company! 

Today my latest pick for the Potentials list, Novo Nordisk ADR (NVO) declared that they will find it difficult to raise prices of drugs in the US and also lowered the earning growth potential down from 15% to 10%. Needless to say, the stock too a beating today; down over $3 or more than 6% at the end of the day after being more than $4 down at one point of time.

Now I'm having second thoughts about it, and wondering if it should be Dropped from the list of Potentials completely. I will continue to watch it for a few days before moving on it for sure. Maybe the market will shrug off the bad news and turn around on this otherwise good stock.

Meanwhile, I am also considering offering up my services to companies who want to do harm to their competitors. For a "small" fee I am willing to put said competitors on my Potentials list and bring down the "Curse of the Eternal Optimist" on them. With the inevitable bad news and financial ruin this will bring upon the competitors, my clients will be free to dominate their industry. Do you think this will be a good business venture? WhatSayYou? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. Or if you are a potential client, feel free to get in touch!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment